Social Security and Disability Law

What Is the Process of Applying for Social Security Disability?

Do you have an injury or medical condition that warrants payment from Social Security or a from a disability insurance company?

The process begins with an appointment with your local Social Security Office and completing the application. If one is denied at the initial level, that claimant would receive Notice of Disapproved Claim and must file a request for reconsideration within sixty-five (65) days from the date of the Notice. Within one week of receiving that Notice is the time to contact a lawyer who has experience appearing before the Administrative Law Judges of the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review.
A lawyer would need to review your application, Notice of Disapproved Claim and a list of the complete name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and fax number for your physician or physicians who could help us prove the inability to work at any job for eight hours per day, five days per week for a period in excess of twelve months.
Time is critical in a Social Security Disability claim. So, too, is verification that a medical condition qualities as a disability. An experienced attorney knows how to ensure that a qualifying person receives the maximum available benefits as soon as possible.
Typically, a large percentage of claimants are denied again during the reconsideration period and would receive a Notice of Reconsideration, and have sixty-five (65) from the date of that Notice to request a hearing. The earlier in the process you contact an attorney, the better prepared you and the attorney would be to appear at a hearing.
Here at Wright, Worley, Pope, Ekster & Moss, PLLC, Richard Wright at the Tabor City office, Dennis Worley at the Tabor City office and Kenneth Moss at the Little River office have much experience with these disability claims. None of us makes any charge for helping you with all of the paperwork and would sign a retainer/fee agreement with you that we receive payment only if we are successful in working with you to gain your Social Security Disability and Insurance Benefits.


What if I Have Not Paid Enough In To Social Security During My Working Years?

If the claimant has not paid enough funds to the Social Security Administration during the working years, the claimant would have to prove not only total disability but also meet financial limitations which would result in the payment of a Supplemental Security Income check and eligibility for Medicaid rather than Medicare.